Weird Al has parodied a lot in his day. Everything from Queen to Eminem. From The Police to Green Day. But never has he parodied anything that’s been, well, weird. Well, Lady Gaga has now given him that opportunity. Weird Al released his first single off his new album, ALpocalypse (which comes out tomorrow), and with it, came the release of his new video today (above).
The song is a parody on Gaga’s song “Born this Way.” And with Weird parodying the weird, the video has to be nothing else but, you guessed it, weird. The song pokes fun at Lady Gaga in the way she shows herself in public, whether it be performing, or at appearances. The song is called “Perform this Way.” In the video, Weird Al superimposes his head onto a female body dressed in ridiculous outfits. It looks odd, and you can bet that it was supposed to. A great part of the video is when he pokes fun at the similarity in Gaga’s song and Madonna’s “Express Yourself.”
“Perform this Way” is the first track on ALpocalypse, and it’s a strong start to an ok album. Here’s the rundown.
1. Perform this Way
2. CNR – Weird Al released a bunch of tracks off this album earlier last year called Internet Leaks, and this was on it. It’s not a parody, but it’s in the style of the White Stripes. The song portrays Charles Nelson Riley as if had his own Chuck Norris style facts.
3. TMZ – A parody of Taylor Swift’s “You Belong to Me.” Poking fun at how TMZ is everywhere when celebs mess up.
4. Skipper Dan – An original song, also from Internet Leaks
5. Polka Face – This polka features songs from Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, and Britney Spears. This is probably my least favorite polka he’s done because, well, I don’t know over half the songs. And the one’s I’ve heard are because my girlfriend plays it on the radio in her car (all the while I’m contemplating jumping out of the car).
6. Craigslist – Another Internet Leak in the style of The Doors
7. Party in the CIA – A parody of Miley Cyrus, which is only fitting since he parodied Billy Ray 18 years ago.
8. Ringtone – Yet again, another Internet Leak. This one in the style of Queen.
9. Another Tattoo – A parody of B.o.B. and Bruno Mars’ “Nothin’ on You” about acquiring as many tattoo’s as you can.
10. If that Isn’t Love – Another original. Apparently in the style of Hanson, who I didn’t realize were still around.
11. Whatever You Like – Parody of T.I.’s song by the same name, about a person who has no money trying to get a girl.
12. Stop Forwarding that Crap to Me – An original in the style of Meatloaf.